Tuesday, June 2, 2015

 BYU Home Teaching Companions become Missionary Companions !!!!

Elder Hemsley's 20th Birthday Celebration
Elder Hemsley's Birthday Surprise

Hello! This is officially the start of week 1 of the transfer 9! Sorry
for the late email today we went hiking in the morning and then guess
who went golfing this afternoon?!  This guy!!  We aren't allowed to use
computers to email just iPads so I can't Download any of my golfing
photos! It was so awesome! We went to a place called Club west golf
club. It is in the foothills area. It wasn't a bad course and for 20
we got to drive the cart. We only got through 9 and I shot a 43 not to
bad. Thought at the beginning it was going to be super low round but
struggled coming in haha. It was 110 degrees as we played. Don't worry
I was covered in sun screen the whole time, and I used a towel over my
head the whole time to shield my face.

That's terrible to hear about the two sister missionaries hit by the
truck. Really makes you sick to your stomach.  Yes missionaries are
protected but sometimes things happen. Don't worry im doing my best to
be safe!

Ha that's funny the missionaries are always over looking to do
service. We actually are told that service on Saturdays isn't allowed
anymore because missionaries just decided to do service all day and
Saturdays are supposed to be your most productive day proselyting.  We
are also told it takes aways from the role of hometeachers when
missionaries help with tons of member service. I guess every mission
is different though!

This week was good! The 3 boys mom is back on date for baptism. It
will be interesting to see if she can pull through. Just the smoking
and drinking is hard for her to kick. So more to come on that.  We had
a pretty good teaching week. This week I got to go on exchanges with
elder Bradley! So BYU home teaching buddies are now mission companion
buddies! We had a great time taught a few lessons together (much
better than our home teaching lessons). We had a member literally
forget about a lesson and so we weren't able have the lesson and the
investigator was upset and we haven't been able to get in contact.

Saturday we got to be the judges for the ward chili cook off! It was
really fun. It was for the scouts to raise mom for scout camp, glad I
don't have to go! Haha my tongue was raw after so many chilies .

So I guess max is coming from the Mtc tomorrow! Maybe I will see him
but most likely it will be on Thursday! It will be cool to see who his
trainer is! Hopefully he is with someone good!  Yes we are back on
Facebook. No posting and talking to people outside of our area for the
time being. 

This past transfer flew by! Just like all of them! Hopefully another
great transfer is ahead! Gotta go! Love you all! 18 days until June
18th which is my one year mark. It's pretty insane to think about!
Miss you guys and can't wait to be back together!

Love
Elder Hemsley

No comments:

Post a Comment